the 5 love languages
There are many different ways that human beings love, and it’s often these differences that destroy us in relationships, and by our own families. According to author Gary Chapman (and what has become a phenomenon over the years), there are Five (5) main love languages, and everyone has at least one of these, as their main love style.
The Love Languages are:
- Gift Giving
- Quality Time
- Words of Affirmation
- Acts of Service (Devotion)
- Physical Touch
Every Astrological sign communicates specifically with at least one of these love languages, as well. Although our birth charts are vastly different, just as people are so unique, there is something to say about the Zodiac sign we are born under (Sun sign), and what we need from others, in order to fill ourselves up with love.
Aries love language
Yes, Aries are impulsive and a little brash, but that does not mean the Aries does not need love. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. Aries, seemingly more than any other sign will take a compliment to heart, and will value those who spend their time with them. Be weary of trying to buy their love, or cleaning up after them–they can smell your desperation. Just be real guys.
- Quality Time: Go on a scavenger hunt or create an adventure with them
- Words of Affirmation: Look them in the eyes and tell them why you love them
taurus love language
As you may already know, Taurus loves things. But what you may not know is that Taurus only wants the best things. Otherwise, the idea of the thing turns negative for them, and they don’t know what to say, or how to feel about the thing, or person who gave them the thing. How do you know what thing to give them then? Don’t give them anything. Give them you.
- Quality Time: Take them to Starbucks and talk about life
- Acts of Service: Run all of their errands and do their dishes
- Physical Touch: Cuddle up with them on the sofa and sip hot chocolate
gemini love language
Gemini’s are the communicators of the Zodiac, so it makes sense that they would light up when you tell them how you feel. What you may not know about the Gemini, is that they desire a closer connection, and are a little more romantic than they let on. Spend hours hand in hand, talking about anything and everything, and you got yourself the perfect Gemini date.
- Quality Time: Take a cruise on the highway or long walk on the beach
- Words of Affirmation: Sing them love songs
- Physical Touch: Hold their hand and get close enough to whisper in their ear
cancer love language
Cancer’s are true homebodies and enjoy spending their days indoors with the people they love. Coincidentally, this is also how you prove your love to them. They love going out, but that’s not where they’re the most comfortable. Out in the crowd, Cancer may find it hard to be vulnerable and accepting of love. Bring them in to your home, share life experiences and don’t be afraid to express yourself.
- Quality Time: Cook a meal with them
- Physical Touch: Snuggle under a warm blanket and cover them with kisses
leo love language
Leo’s are big on romantic gestures and enjoy documenting everything that you do for them. It may not seem reasonable to some, but for a Leo, this is how they receive love. You can fill a Leo up with words of love forever and spend all day with them, but the Leo will hardly notice the sacrifice. If you want them to know you love them, you need to be a little more creative. The sign of Leo also rules pleasure, so keep that in mind.
- Gift Giving: Give them the most glamorous or exciting gift you can find and personalize it
- Acts of Service: Bring them breakfast in bed
- Physical Touch: Give them a back massage
virgo love language
Virgo is the sign of service, but that does not mean doing work is how they give and receive love. Attempting to clean for them, because they normally clean up for you, is like taking away their life source and expecting them to praise you for it. Virgo organizes, because it is a part of them, not because they love you. Virgo enjoys expressing themselves with inspirational words, and they love to dote on the people they love. They like to know that you are willing to do the same.
- Gift Giving: Buy them what their frugality would never permit them to buy for themselves
- Quality Time: Run their errands with them
- Words of Affirmation: Leave post-it notes, around the house or office, with words of life-affirming love
libra love language
Libra is the sign of relationships and basicness, but that does not mean they enjoy all romantic gestures. Spending too much time with the Libra, wears them out. Gift-giving gives them anxiety, as they are left wondering how they are going to repay you–fair is fair. Libra is a simple lover, after all. Don’t forget, she is just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her. Or vice versa.
- Words of Affirmation: Handwrite a note expressing your love
- Acts of Service: Joyfully clean up after them
- Physical Touch: Stop everything you are doing right now and kiss them in the rain
scorpio love language
It’s hard to get into a Scorpio’s heart, but once you do, you’re in it forever. With that being said, it’s important that you don’t feel let down when they completely disregard all of your love attempts. Instead, you might want to try a different approach to loving them. Also, don’t believe that the Scorpio could not possibly love you, because they aren’t using the “normal” styles of love. The Scorpio’s love language, however horribly unromantic, is pretty easy once you get the hang of it.
- Acts of Service: Pay their bills, do their laundry
- Physical Touch: Play with their hair, or you know, have sex with them
sagittarius love language
Sagittarius is the wanderer and they don’t like being tied down. Like the wild stallion or Miley Sagittarius Cyrus, they can’t be tamed. They don’t want you touching their stuff (or their body) without asking. They have big plans and your closeness stifles their growth. So how do you tell them you love them? You can start by sending them your love, wherever they might be. And when they come back, be waiting with a token of your affection.
- Gift Giving: Send a personalized care package
- Words of Affirmation: Life-affirming words go a long way with the Sagittarius
capricorn love language
Capricorns work very hard in life, and don’t necessarily have time to pursue love. It’s not a character defect, it’s just the way they are. If you love a Capricorn, then you love their ambition. More specifically, you’ll want to encourage them to be ambitious, through your actions. If you can meet the Capricorn where they’re at, you’ll find that the simple gesture of giving up some of your time to be with them, is enough.
- Quality Time: Find moments in the day to be with them–like taking them to lunch
- Acts of Service: Support their ambitions, by taking care of the home
aquarius love language
Of all the signs, Aquarius is the most unique, but as far as love language is concerned, the Aquarius is only concerned with language. Too much time spent with you, without words, is boring, gifts are frivolous, acts of service be damned, and physical touch is meant for the bedroom (and even then they try to keep their distance). If you want to speak to the heart of an Aquarius, talk to them. That’s what matters, it’s the only thing that counts.
- Words of Affirmation
pisces love language
Pisces has but one love language. Give them your life, your heart, your devotion, your trust and anything else you could possibly think to give. Pisces want to know that you’re willing to do what it takes for them–even if that means selling your belongings and moving overseas, at the drop of a hat. If you are in love with a Pisces, get used to bringing them a glass of water, or rubbing their feet whenever they ask, because that’s amore.
- Acts of Service (Devotion)
The next time your Significant Other is not receiving the love that you work so hard to give, remember:
Maybe they are just not that into it.